Friday, August 26, 2011

Happy Birthday Macaulay Culkin!

Amid all the hubbub about Hurricane Irene one message stood out like a beacon above all else: Happy Birthday Macaulay Culkin!  I read this note on a digital, rotating bus stop advertisement and it made me wonder a few things.

Firstly, why is an advertising space, even a rotating one, wasting any amount of space and time wishing Macaulay Culkin a happy birthday?

Secondly, what happened to Macaulay Culkin?  For such a cute kid he turned in to quite the douchey sleazeball.  Also, why did Mila Kunis date him for so long?

Lastly, why are we still celebrating Macaulay Culkin's birthday?  Home Alone came out 21 years ago (wrap your mind around that, by the way), let's move on.  I mean we can still love that movie (believe me, I do), but no need to continue to make a big deal out of the birthday of the 31-year-old man who twice played Kevin McCallister.

Or, you know, I could spend a whole 10 minutes writing about him.  I guess I am glad to be reminded it is Macaulay Culkin's birthday after all.          

No comments:

Post a Comment