Wednesday, August 24, 2011

These Dreams 2

This morning my girlfriend and I met all my high school friends at Taco John's on Water Street (the street with all the bars) in my hometown of Eau Claire.  Even Booker T was there!


I immediately woke up and told Kieley about yet another bizarre dream of mine.  She was a little less inclined to walk out the door after this particular tale.  Perhaps it is because of what this dream symbolized.  After this whirlwind vacation, there are only a handful of important people in my life that Kieley needs to meet.  Many of those people are my friends from high school and we will be meeting them soon...with the exception of Booker T.


It's interesting to think about the little relationship landmarks we pass on our journey, both monumental and mundane.  I remarked to Kieley yesterday that it was our first miniature golf date.  Cliche and corny, no doubt, but important nonetheless.  We can now file that date in with all the other cinematic dates couples are "supposed" to have: going to the fair, walking on the beach, the first weekend together, and so on.

Every time we pass and recognize those landmarks it makes me more and more glad to be doing so with someone I truly believe I will be able to share those memories with 50 years from now.  Maybe someday, if she's lucky, Kieley will finally get to meet my friend Booker T.


2 comments:

  1. dude, if you guys are miniature golf legit...i think it's about time to be introduced...I mean you pretty much owe me for even knowing Booker-T, remember when he and I were tag team partners in Harlem Heat? I do

    ReplyDelete
  2. plus, can you ever forget the wonderful 2Rod Night?

    ReplyDelete