Monday, August 1, 2011

Success?

Without much incident we made it through our pizza challenge and have moved on to the next. For the record, I did eat my favorite pizza in my area and I am happy to advertise for them: Besta Pizza. If you ever find yourself between Cleveland Park and Friendship Heights, they are worth a try.

And so on to the new challenge we went and within hours Lady Loophole accidentally broke the pact. Not to be disuaded so soon in to our project, we came up with a new challenge. I'm realistic, I know at some point we won't get through a two weeker or we'll slip up, and we will chronicle that because we need to embrace our failures as much as we embrace our successes. Plus if this goes on a while, we should have no trouble once again trying to only eat home cooked meals for two weeks.

But since Surfside (a Mexican restaurant) was paid a visit last night, we will instead be watching a movie every day for two weeks. Given how many movies the two of us watch this should be no problem, but I have tried something akin to this before and I know the difficulties that may arise. We'll worry about them when we get there, for now let's talk about Adventures in Babysitting.

Elisabeth Shue, my first love:



That right there was all it took to get the mojo of little four year-old Johnny going. My dad might not like it but the Crystals version of the Beach Boys' "Then (S)he Kissed Me" is so much catchier. Honestly, my first crush on Elisabeth Shue runs so deep that I don't even think that hair looks dated, though it so clearly is. I always wanted her to be my babysitter minus all the adventures except this one:



Love it!

PS today we watched The Italian Job (2003) and it was okay. Noteworthy in that it was one of the first DVDs that Kieley bought which certainly means something. My first DVD was Gone in 60 Seconds. I am not sure who has better taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment