Monday, August 22, 2011

Life's a Beach

John and I have been in Nag's Head at "El Sueno" since late last night and I don't remember the last time either of us was this relaxed. I grew up never more than 15 minutes from a Florida beach, but there's something special about staying in this house surrounded by his amazing family. We didn't have to put on shoes today. People played games and put off showering and drank in the hot tub overlooking the ocean. We laughed, made dinner, watched movies and fought over who ate the last clam. I suppose it boils down to just being completely at ease, at home.

I don't want to linger here too long (there's a large puzzle being worked on in the dining room and my OCD is calling for order) but wanted to get a quick entry done. To you, John, I love you more than I can say. Especially with the smell of salt water in your hair and that smile on your face.

No comments:

Post a Comment