Saturday, August 20, 2011

These Dreams

Let me start by informing everyone who doesn't know that I have some of the weirdest most vivid dreams.  More entries about these dreams are an inevitably for as long as I am trying to write about things for this blog.  This dream I am about to describe was weird enough to make Kieley question if she was sleeping next to a madman:

I was trying to explain to Kieley and her sister how lucrative a movie based on a tiger, dog, and little girl love triangle would be.

No, not a tiger-dog.  Notice the comma.

Obviously they were disgusted by the premise, but I reassured them it would be animated and wouldn't center on that kind of love.  Plus there would be great side plots such as the tiger going to find his cultural roots in India.  The dog would be dealing with his fear of swimming while living on a sandbar in the river as well as the concern that the tiger might eat him.  Meanwhile, the girl would be coming to terms with people telling her she is too young to fall in love.

Obviously this idea has money written all over it, something my subconscious was even trying to tell me as in the dream I regaled Kieley and her sister with this story as we slept in the parking lot of a gas station rather than a hotel room the night before my friend's wedding. 

No comments:

Post a Comment